Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spring is almost here! The days are longer, the light stronger and definitely warmer days. I do remember March as the hardest month to get through. We used to have tons of snow. Now we have little. Though it's easier, it is a another sign of global warming. Tomorrow I return to the studio after about 10 days in the house pounding away on the computer. MY friend Lajla came for 3 days and we did a whirlwind job on a new website, photographs and other computer publicity. I am being forced to go online. That's where it's all happening. With galleries closing and the pandemic keeping people from traveling around, it's finally gotten through to me that I must embrace social media and the web. With about 8 paintings finished over the winter, It's time to put energy into finding another outlet. I feel positive about the newest work. Today I moved away from the stones and restored my love of poppies. Several years ago I had bronze sculptures made from dried poppy pods. They were made at a foundery in Chelsea MA. The painting series did not succeed too well so I was left with about a dozen of the bronzes. They popped into my head the other day. I had my neighbor, who has every tool in the world in his garage, cut the pod stems to the right size and then I popped them into the box where
I had been putting the stones. A new variation on the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment