Friday, December 2, 2016

December 2, 2016

It's been a month since I got home from Ireland. It was a memorable trip and I am still savoring thoughts of it. But I was hesitant to start new work based on the trip but finally took the plunge. With great trepidation, I started some relatively large pieces based on the sketches I did while at Ballinglen Art Foundation. I was so afraid that the hope I had acquired while there, would evaporate if I started to enlarge the drawings. Finally I tore into some older panels. The more layers the better, I always say. I have not yet come up with a title. It has to do with man kind, impermanence, cave drawings. This image is 60 x 25 inches. the first one almost completed. Some more layers needed so he is emerging from the flat plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment